Competitive Salary Commensurate with Expectations and Experience
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is an award winning long established and growing UK manufacturing business with an international presence including the USA. They make strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant and are an acknowledged leader in their field. Due to continued growth they are seeking to appoint a Group FC. Reporting to the CFC, the successful candidate must hold either ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualifications and must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provision of regular and ad-hoc financial information to the Group Financial Controller, Group Financial Director, Chief Financial Officer, and Executive Management teams.
• Production of financial and management reports including cash-flow projections, rolling revenue, profit and capital expenditure forecasts, annual budgets and statutory accounts for the Company.
• Active hands-on management of the Company cash cycle to ensure that the best use is made of the Company’s funds.
• Design and implementation of financial systems/controls and financial models for forecasting and reporting.
• As a SAP user you will carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
• Responsibility for UK tax reporting.
• Review of product profitability and of capital expenditure projects together with making recommendations for future strategy.
• Promote a culture of enhanced commercial and financial awareness, continuous improvement, cost control and focus on value-added activity.
• Reviewing the opportunities for business process re-engineering to improve productivity, efficiency and profitability within the Company.
• Utilisation of standard accounting policies and procedures, under UK GAAP and adoption of recognised management accounting technique.
• Line management responsibility for the Dudley finance team, developing and motivating the team in order to maximise their contribution to the function and the Company.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Qualified ACA or ACMA Accountant with at least 5 years post-qualification industry experience.
• Must be very knowledgeable about UK GAAP, taxation and financial reporting requirements.
• US GAAP experience is not essential but would be beneficial.
• Computer literate with advanced experience of ERP software systems, finance packages and MS Office applications.
• Commercial experience of dealing with third parties is desirable.
• Good inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-finance staff clearly and concisely.
• Ability to promote a culture of developed budgetary control, enhanced financial and commercial awareness, continuous improvement and cost control.
• Able to support and coach managers during the budget setting process to ensure realistic and meaningful budgets are established.