COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
Our client is a world class, global, award winning, established and growing global manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant.
Working onsite, and with experience gained in a similar role, the successful candidate will be motivated and dynamic. Working in a fast paced environment you will be responsible for designing and defining moulding tools, producing product definitions and sub-components.
You will also be responsible for the control the administration of tooling designs and product drawings in various databases and software systems, as well as developing new standards for tooling designs and product drawings.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Generate tool designs and product definitions
• Support our global partner sites in relation to both disciplines.
• Contribute toward the continuous improvement and development of both areas of activity.
• Work closely with in house tool room and external tooling manufacturers to define and manufacture tooling.
• Support suppliers of jigs and fixtures providing detailed support for the departmental needs.
• Support Operations regarding the interpretation of tooling and product drawing definitions.
• Liaise with and utilise external design houses and CAD services.
• Interpretation of tooling metrology data and implementation of corrective actions to recover adherence to design specification.
• Additional general CAD based work, including (factory layout, jigs, fixtures, miscellaneous definitions)
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• HNC/HND Mechanical engineering
• Tool design (Injection moulding, transfer moulding advantageous)
• Experience of 2D and 3D CAD software packages i.e. Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Inventor iLogic or equivalent.
• Experience of working with rubber or plastic manufacturing technologies (injection moulding)
• Tooling making (machine shop based tooling making experience is advantageous, but not essential)