COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
Our client is a world class, global, award winning, established and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant.
Working onsite, and with experience gained in a similar role, the successful candidate will be motivated and dynamic. Working in a fast paced environment you will be responsible for the design, development and introduction of new equipment and processes.
This is a key and influential position within the group, and development aspects of this role may have a direct effect on process and product development in other parts of the business globally.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Producing machinery and process definitions and specifications for new/existing process or product and/or change requirements
• Creating concepts either internally or in conjunction with machinery suppliers for new processes that support the technology strategy
• Commissioning equipment with machine suppliers ensuring new equipment meets company and legislative HSE regulations.
• Planning activities and projects, taking account of possible changing circumstances; setting deadlines and milestones and initiating corrective action as needed to ensure OTD, expenditure, productivity and quality cost targets are met; and stakeholder needs are incorporated into project plans e.g. global equipment commissioning process.
• Undertaking feasibility studies to verify concepts and construct specifications; works independently, with internal teams and/or with equipment suppliers to deliver cost effective designs, specifications and finished equipment which meets UK and EU safety standards.
• Inputting and analysing data to identify and implement engineering methodologies that meet design intent and process performance expectations;
• Building and maintaining working relationships / connections across the Group and externally e.g. customers and suppliers to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
• Applying financial awareness in process design and supplier selection;
• Due to the nature of the business and here will be a need to travel overseas on occasion as per the needs of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
• Experience of design (development of processes and/or equipment).
• Management of projects associated with equipment specification, procurement and implementation.
• Ability to devise implement and manage systems and methods for the introduction of new product into production and design for manufacture.
• Equipment specification and subsequent compliance management.
• Practical experience of complex data analysis using 6 Sigma, Lean tools or equivalent.
• A practical knowledge and application of equipment benchmarking and testing
• Proficient and practical experience of managing multiple projects IT: proficient in CAD (Inventor, AutoCAD), MS Office tools, data analysis tools, document management systems.
• Exposure to closed tool technologies advantageous (injection, transfer moulding) would be advantageous.