COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a world class, award winning, long established and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. They are an acknowledged International leader in terms of size, market penetration and technical capabilities. Due to continued growth, our client has a The 2nd Line Support Engineer role to complement its well-resourced service desk and IT team.
Reporting in to the IT Infrastructure Manager, the successful candidate will be a dedicated hands on technical specialist who has good skills in analysing incidents and problems. You will be the escalation point for the 1st Line Support Engineers to assist, when required, to resolve an issue. Responsible for Group PC and server configuration, mobile device management and application support. The support engineers report in to the IT Infrastructure Manager and provides support to users whilst assisting with the configuration and administration of the IT systems in support of on-going operations and projects.
This is an internal customer-facing role requiring excellent prioritisation, responsiveness and customer service, escalating more technical issues to other team members along with good verbal communication skills.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Escalating Service requests, when necessary
• Resolution and recovery of assigned incidents
• Monitoring the status and progress toward resolution of all open incidents assigned to them
• Monitoring tasks of servers and network components and applications
• Keeping affected users informed about progress
• Escalation to 3rd party support vendors, when necessary
• Communicating solutions and workarounds to First Line Support
• Communicating incidents generated by monitoring tools to First Line Support
• Providing monitoring and diagnosis tools to First Line Support
• Creating knowledgebase documents and providing relevant training to Service Desk staff
• Providing other information to First Line Support to assist with incident classification, initial support and escalation
• Accurate and complete recording of incidents from and to other internal groups using the Service Desk ticketing system
• Accurate and complete updating of activities and steps taken to resolve an incident
• Frequent contact with all Supply Chain staff and other Super Users across the site.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• IT Graduate or equivalent
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a hands-on IT support position
• Knowledge of Systems and platform administration and maintenance
• Patch management, Updates and upgrades, Installation of software and hardware, Network components
and Unified Communications platform
• Excellent customer service and a good telephone manner
• knowledge of computer and printer hardware and software
• Good level of knowledge of computer hardware and software and system troubleshooting
• Up to date knowledge of Windows domains, operating systems, virtualisation technologies
• Good understanding of network fundamentals (switches, routers, TCP/IP)
• Attention to detail, improving process efficiency without sacrificing quality.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Organizational skills
• Facilitation and project management skills