COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer seeking to work for an established, highly successful and growing company involved in the design and manufacture of specialist industrial systems. Accredited with ISO9001:2018 The facility in Gateshead supports a worldwide sales base and has product design, operational, sales and support departments dedicated to fulfilling the needs of customers, whether it be in new product development, service or getting products to customers on time.
The role will be responsible for overseeing the development and support of the manufacturing processes as they expand the business and product ranges. This will require the successful candidate to have an in depth knowledge and experience of medium to large manufacturing, along with capability and will to drive improvements through the business. The person needs to have the drive and determination to pick up tasks, identify needs and then see these tasks through to solution and final completion.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Planning and management of the Production Engineering responsibilities relating to New Product Introduction and productivity improvement projects.
• Target areas within the manufacturing areas of the business and identify areas of improvement; lead improvement activity and introduce lean methodology into the manufacturing processes.
• Lead improvements on manufacturing pressure testing to comply with company Health and Safety procedures.
• Support and develop the manufacturing layout and key involvement for future business expansion
• Drive ’Poke Yoke’ and general mistake proofing in product and process design
• Root cause analysis of problems within the manufacturing processes
• Manage PUWER 98 risk assessments across plant, machinery and processes
• Timely management and completion of RFQ’s to optimise quality, cost and delivery
• Driving design for manufacture as part of a cross functional team
• Creation of capital equipment proposal requests and payback analysis to include completion of RFQ’s optimising quality, cost and delivery.
• Plan and control of sub-contractors involved in factory floor activity (Permit to Work)
• Specification of tools, jigs, fixtures and inspection equipment relating to the manufacturing process
• Project management
• Support on Key Performance Metrics relating to manufacturing targets and improvements
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area, preferably mechanical engineering or equivalent. HND or HNC also considered.
• Demonstrable experience in a production engineering environment relating to medium/high volume manufacturing is preferred
• Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Possess the ability to work productively and effectively with initiative and drive, sometimes under tight timescales whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
• Fully conversant with manufacturing costing systems.
• Assembly and pressure test equipment design and principles would be an advantage.
• Understanding of lean manufacturing principles
• Strong project, program management and problem solving skills required
• Be able to demonstrate a good track record of continuous improvement
• Makes and meets commitments
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on continuous improvement ideas related to the job role and willing to build interdepartmental relationships.
Details of Package: £34,000 to £40,000 Depending on experience + Benefits – 39 Hrs per week