COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established award winning manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Quality/Laboratory Technician seeking a career challenge and further structured development.
Reporting to the Quality Manager/Production Supervisor, the successful candidate will ensure that the testing of all raw materials, processing material and finished product is completed and conducted in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with documented test methods and procedures.
Structured training and development will be provided with the opportunity to progress to a higher banding/salary upon satisfactory progression and completion of probation. NB: The successful candidate will be working on a continental shift pattern (Please see below foe details)
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate exemplary conduct and professionalism within the role whilst communicating effectively and building cooperative relationships in order to promote a positive rapport with others whilst demonstrating effectiveness in the following areas;
• Carrying out laboratory tests according to documented test methods and procedures.
• Testing of raw materials, in-process samples and finished product.
• Carrying out Daily Verification on all relevant test equipment.
• Assisting in the training of new & existing employees as and when necessary.
• Effectively communicate relevant test results to key personnel.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, manufacturing environment
• Reviewing Online SPC to sanity check data
• Assisting Quality Coordinator / Manager in investigations into Customer Complaints.
• Providing QC Lab support to Production/R&D during trials/PPAP’s etc.
• Managing Risk locally
• Assisting Continuous Improvement Projects
• Assisting Change Management Leader in implementation of quality lean projects
• Managing Retain Samples
• Training employees to SOPs
• Adhering to QC Lab consumable 5S Kanban inventory.
• Assisting in customer audits and regulatory body requests.
• Participating in periodic MSA Testing.
• Support Quality Assurance & Quality Control Measures
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Good standard of education, preferably with A demonstrable appreciation of working practices within a QC Laboratory
• Fully competent in modern quality practices and possess
• Ability to communicate at all levels using both descriptive and technical terminology
• Principles of lean tools (5S / TPM / standard run etc.)
• Motivated and enthusiastic
• Able to multitask and work to deadlines
• Able to demonstrate appreciable knowledge of the ISO9001 Standard
• A formal Quality, Chemical or engineering/Manufacturing related Qualification would be preferable, but isn’t essential
Details of Package: Up to £25,000 PA (Depending on experience) + Bonus + Benefits
Hours of Work: 06:30 - 18:30 / 18:30 - 06:30 x 12 hour (continental shifts)