COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established engineering/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of the project from start to finish; monitoring progress and taking the necessary actions, including regular contact with the customer. You will ensure the project meets all of the agreed specifications, safety checks, and design interpretation and work closely with the client and small teams of engineers to resolve issues.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare design briefs based on the proposal
• Ensure equipment meets specifications
• Ensure critical features are identified and validating calculations carried out and recorded.
• Ensure design has been carried out with regard to cost, manufacture and best practice.
• Ensure safety regulations are applied and risk assessments carried out.
• Respond to client issues and variations to contract in a timely manner
• Create manuals, installations instructions and project file.
• Supervise small teams of Engineers
• Represent company at pre and post order meetings.
• Maintain communications with client throughout the project
• Attend site and perform project management functions as required
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Ideally degree qualified
• 5 years’ design office experience, ideally in a Supervisory/guidance role
• Experience in the design of conveying systems would be desirable.
• Experience of working in a medium/heavy engineering environment is essential
• Must be capable of performing engineering assessments and calculations.
• Experience of working with structural steel sections, hydraulics, winches and transmission bearings
• Ability to undertake Risk Assessments and CE Marking
• Computer literate in AutoCAD/Inventor and Microsoft office
• Mainly office based role, but will require some worldwide travel to attend client meetings
• Organised approach to work and ability to meet deadlines
• Computer literate on Microsoft
• Good communication skills