COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is a well-established engineering/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Project Manager.
This is a hands-on Project Manager role with responsibility for managing projects to make sure that they are on-time, on-spec and on-budget. You will work closely with the Sales, Operations, Engineering and Proposals functions in the scoping, estimating, selling and negotiating of contracts and be a key contact for our customers. You will lead multi-skilled teams, including contractors to see the project through from beginning to end.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee implementation of projects & project progress on a daily basis.
• Manage client & contractor relations from a project perspective
• Define monitor & report on status of milestones & deliverables
• Audit project deliverables to ensure they align with both project and overall business schedules.
• Facilitate team, client & contractor meetings effectively.
• Minimise exposure to risk with regard to projects.
• Work closely with Sales and Proposals, to scope, estimate, negotiate and sell contracts.
• Develop project plans as necessary to successfully deliver the contractual scope of supply.
• Plan and co-ordinate resources required to successfully execute the project.
• Oversee the successful delivery of projects to scope, target cost, quality, programme and completion encompassing design, engineering, construction, handover and commercial aspects, and deal with contentious points.
• Monitor and effectively report progress and status of the projects to management and to the customer in accordance with the project plan.
• Implement a full risk and value engineering management process where all risks and costs savings opportunities are identified and actioned.
• Ensure that project imperatives are clearly communicated and understood through the project and to others, as appropriate.
• Liaise with customers, contractors, employees and management to develop relationships that are conducive to the successful completion of the project.
• Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Be responsible for all safety, health, environment and quality matters including driving excellence and championing continuous improvement.
• Work in line with company procedures and ensure that all projects are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and corporate policy.
• Report on KPI’s and take the appropriate action
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Ideally Degree qualified, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Mining Engineering.
• Be an experienced Project Manager, ideally holding a formal Project Management qualification
• Project management experience in a manufacturing environment essential, preferably in a medium/heavy engineering industry and Capital Equipment manufacture.
• Be able to understand engineering drawings and specifications, ideally holding a formal Engineering qualification.
• MRP experience, preferably SAP
• Project control skills, with Microsoft Project or other software
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Experience of material handling equipment desirable, but not essential.
• Strong computer skills
• Able to travel in the UK and overseas as required