COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established and growing business and a leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Quality Technician seeking to develop within a highly professional engineering/Sheet Metal fabrication quality environment.
The successful candidate will work in a busy inspection office, as part of a dedicated quality team carrying out all aspects of inspection work, including the use of Faro Measuring Arms / CMM, and also the completion of ISIR’s on all new products. You will be involved in providing assistance in the closure of customer complaints, by verifying the effectiveness of corrective actions; as well as investigating internal rejects.
You will also work on the shop floor carrying out inspections at various stages of the manufacturing process and work with other departments to ensure that all compliance obligations are met, raising any quality concerns at the earliest possible stage. In addition, you will generate standard operating procedures for the shop floor inspectors.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The closure of customer complaints by verifying the effectiveness of corrective actions
• The investigation of internal rejects
• Provide support to manufacturing teams
• Generate standard operation procedures for shop floor inspectors
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Quality experience gained within an engineering/manufacturing environment preferably with sheet metal/fabricated parts
• The ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and familiarity with geometric tolerancing
• IT proficient in Microsoft Office packages, including, Outlook, Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• Preferred, but not essential: Experience of Faro Arm Measuring or CMM
Details of Package: Up to £26,000 - 38.5 hours per week: Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 5.00pm and Friday 8.00am – 12.30pm
25 days holiday per annum + bank Holidays