Our client is a world class, award winning, established and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. Due to continued growth, they are recruiting an experienced production/manufacturing supervisor for their Additive Manufacturing process. (AM Supervisor).
The successful candidate responsible for overseeing and coordinating the day to day production activity of that department. This will include coordinating the workflow, manufacture of parts, quality control and on time delivery.
The role will be varied and initially be focussed on supporting the set up and running of the MJF cell as this is a new area of the company following recent investments. This will require a very hands-on approach with regards to production whilst also supporting the recruitment and training of future operators/technicians. Duties will include planning capacity, manufacturing product and operating various pieces of AM equipment. The successful candidate will need to gain a sound understanding of all aspects of AM production, including build preparation, post processing, product assembly, scheduling, team management, logistics and customer liaising. The role will oversee and manage AM prints prepared by Technicians and work with Project Managers.
The role has a large emphasis on hand skills and technical understanding but also organisational skills. The AM supervisor will be responsible for maintaining and where possible improving quality standards in the department. This will involve managing a team of staff where product must be delivered on time and to the right standard.
Once the MJF cell has been established and sufficient structure put in place the AM Supervisor will then take over production responsibility for a more established department. Good people skills and awareness of change management will be required to bring everything under central supervision.
The role will work alongside existing members of the operations team from other areas of the business whilst helping establish the AM business unit.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The role will be responsible for the efficient running of the department to ensure daily production, delivery and quality objectives are met.
• Planning workflows and organising the team to meet delivery schedules.
• Meeting quality standards and completing associated document control.
• Run a team of staff across two production units.
• Operate the AM printers and associated ancillary equipment.
• Secondary operations and assembly of multiple component products.
• Undertake hands on manufacture of product where required.
• Packing and dispatching of product.
• Ability to follow and brief employees on work instructions and SOP’s
• Recording of KPI specific information
• Ensure that good standards of health and safety and housekeeping are maintained in the work areas.
• Maintain good housekeeping within the department
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• People management, supervision and team leading skills.
• Demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to daily duties.
• Knowledge of quality systems.
• Awareness of best practice manufacturing processes.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to follow and implement work instructions and SOP’s
• Have a good eye for detail
• Good hand skills and technical dexterity.
• A reasonable level of IT skills.
• Additional job specific training will be available