COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established Engineering Services business and a UK leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Field Service Engineer/Mobile Plant Fitter OR a Mechanic/Fitter/Technician seeking to develop into a challenging Field Service role (Training will be provided, so no field service experience is required). Reporting to the Plant Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection and repairs to a variety of plant machinery and equipment located at client and customer premise across the North East, North West & North Yorkshire. You will be home/office based when not on the road.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Plant Fitter/Mechanic/Technician with substantial experience in plant mechanics (Heavy Plant, e.g. Tracked Vehicles, Tractors, Excavators, Dump Trucks, Wheel Loaders, etc.) and a wealth of experience working on various types and brands of plant and machinery. You will have strong communication and people skills and be able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism when representing the company. You will be required to provide customers and clients with a wide range of services including diagnostic, repairs and maintenance.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide fault finding analysis using experience, diagnostic tooling and technology available.
• Carry out servicing, repairs, and maintenance to machines and equipment.
• Ensure your work vehicle, tooling and equipment is safe, certified, clean and tidy.
• Complete in full with necessary detail all relevant documentation required in association with daily duties and allocated tasks.
• Submit weekly reports to the Business Development Manager detailing plans, schedules and achievements.
• Carry out all tasks in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
• You will spend a majority of their working day visiting existing and potential customers at their operations and any other associated work areas.
• The role involves direct contact with new and existing customers and clients.
• Work cycle periods will be driven by planned KPI delivery timetables and business review meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Experience of maintaining Heavy Plant (Mobile and Static)
• Minimum of NVQ level 3 or higher in plant maintenance or equivalent qualification
• Must be IT literate
• Must be able to understand and interpret technical diagrams and manuals
• Must be able to work quickly under pressure without supervision, in a safe, efficient and responsible manner
• Full driving licence
• Willing To Work Towards Additional Training As Follows
• Comfortable with regular regional travel
• Self-starter capable of working remotely, and as part of a team
• Customer Service Champion - Focus upon delivery & a strong customer service ethic
• A good team player and self-starter capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict Logical planning and ability to meet deadlines and within dynamic/challenging environment.
• Ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
• Capable of following instruction and directions given in all formats
• Prepared to answer “potential call outs”
Details of Package: Hours: 38.5 Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch, Overtime: Monday to Friday – time and a half / Saturday 8.00am – 12.00 noon – time and a half / Saturday 12.00 noon – double time / Sunday – double time
Salary, + Bonus + Company phone, laptop and commercial vehicle, Pension scheme, Discretionary tools allowance, Excellent ongoing training programme, Generous annual leave increasing with length of service, plus public holidays.