COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Project Manager. Our client is a long established and growing UK Construction sector leader who have built successful and ever growing customer relationships across a number of sectors. They design and manufacture a diverse range of products, with contract values in the millions
This is an exciting opportunity for a career minded Project Manager, who wants to utilise their skills and experience and develop further.
Across all of these sectors, our client’s manufacturing and construction sites continually strive to find a better way of delivering high quality Off-Site Solutions that achieves their clients’ goals more efficiently, more affordably, and more effectively
You will be working on a number of specialist off-site design and build projects ranging in value from £1m to £8m, undertaking works as principal contractor / specialist design and build contractor, across multiple sectors.
The role will work closely with the Contract Manager and take an active role in the pre-construction and planning phase of contracts and manage the construction phase from inception to handover.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Managing key sites. Managing site specific projects with the site managers.
• Review, update and baseline contract programmes regularly to manage actual v programme.
• Provide regular progress reports to internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure all activities on site are managed in line with the costed Preliminaries Schedule for the specific project.
• Ensure Site Instructions are received for works additional to Company scope of works.
• Attend site progress meetings with client/customer representative(s) as required.
• Liaise with commercial department with regard to variations and cost issues.
• Inspect quality of work as sites progress.
• Feedback to factory to improve quality/level of work achieved prior to delivery.
• Ensure benchmark set for site management to achieve.
• Liaise with client in determining quality and snagging regime.
• Feedback issues to enable design and quality improvements.
• Appraise sub-contractors of programme requirements.
• Ensure contractors complete work in line with their method statements/risk assessments.
• Ensure adequate resource available to achieve all programme requirements.
• Appraise contractors’ performance for programme/quality and feedback for future contracts.
• Discuss performance with site manager(s) to assess competence.
• Inspect quality of work for all contractors during progress of their works.
• Agree benchmark with client/customer representative(s)
• Ensure feedback to Company Operations Manager regarding defects upon delivery to improve quality/level of work achieved in the factory.
• Ensure feedback to Company Operations Manager regarding design defects for continual improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Experience of managing Education Projects
• Experience in Design and Build Contracts
• Strong Communication Skills
• Good understanding of developing project programmes using MS Project software
• Production of risk assessments and production of RAMS
• Good understanding of managing health, safety, welfare and environmental issues throughout the project lifecycle
• Strong customer facing skills and communication with the client and all team members throughout every project
• Experience in demolition works
• Ability to work as part of a team.