COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
We are seeking to recruit a Category Manager for a leading construction company.
The Category Managers Main responsibilities will be to create maximum value for the Company through the development, execution and effective management of strategic category sourcing plans.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create maximum value for the Company through the development, execution and effective management of strategic category sourcing plans.
• Strategic Sourcing Strategy:- Responsible for the implementation, risk management and benefits tracking of the strategic sourcing strategy.
• Strategic Sourcing Plan Development:- Responsible for the development of a tactical plan to achieve the objectives of the strategic sourcing plan.
• To analyse the Company’s spend map and segment annual expenditure into recognisable commodity groups across the four business streams:- Residential, Education, Infrastructure and MOD, and determine appropriate procurement strategies that deliver best value, highest quality and reliable delivery performance for the business.
• Responsible for developing, negotiating and establishing competitive framework arrangements to meet the requirements of the forecasted demand plan, including pricing schedules and performance indices that satisfy operational requirements.
• Identify existing, and introduce new strategic suppliers.
• Develop and introduce a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programme.
• Perform supplier evaluation, supply chain risk management and Project Management activities for Procurement Department led strategy and CI based initiatives.
• Development and monitoring of Supplier performance KPI’s, creation and management of a Supplier Performance Improvement Programme managed through the SRM. Programme.
• To drive the introduction of new supplier provided products and processes that will improve manufacturing efficiencies, product quality, cost reduction and add value to the customer experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Experienced in a strategic procurement / category management purchasing role.
• Experience in the construction sector.
• Able to deliver a strategic approach to procurement.
• Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering business benefit through category management techniques, implemented in a growing fast paced sector.
• Experienced in writing supplier contracts and conversant with contract law.
• Able to negotiate high value complex supply contracts.