COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a world class, long established and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant.
The successful candidate will assist and support the Financial Controller and the business with timely day-to-day accounting, reporting, systems and controls. There will be an opportunity for this role to further develop into in an Assistant FC position.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the Financial Controller with day-to-day accounting, reporting,
systems and controls, to include but not limited to:
• P/L (Purchase Ledger).
• Action non-PO approval flow within ERP system.
• Deal with queries effectively and efficiently
• Action Master Data process for new suppliers /changes to supplier’s details.
• Management Accounting
• Maintain sales data mapping
• Prepare and submit customer profitability analysis
• Prepare and maintain the Company’s OEE and productivity information
• Financial Accounting
• Ensure all required financial transactions (i.e. accruals, prepayments, CapEx, etc.) are processed accurately and timely, in order to meet internal and external requirements.
• Ensure on time month end reporting, preparation and submission.
• Prepare and submit monthly FX exposure and Hedging requirements in line with Group Treasury Policies
• Assist the Financial Controller in the annual budgeting process
• Prepare monthly Cash flow forecast
• Ensure compliance with the relevant Company’s internal controls environment. Maintain, test and update accordingly
• Finance / HR ; Internal Sales/Commercial/Purchasing; QA; Production; Maintenance Engineering; Business Unit and Business Group; Other Sites
• Suppliers; Customers; HMRC / Other relevant Governmental Departments
Quality systems / Compliance
• Operate within/to prescribed quality standards and systems at all times, as defined by the Company and customer requirements. Prepare and maintain information and records in order to satisfy regulatory and company reporting requirements.
Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (OHSE)
• Actively support and align decisions and actions with OHSE requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Preferably AAT Professional or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA, but prior / proven experience will also be taken in consideration
• Attention to detail
• Strong IT skills / Excel proficient
• Problem solving / Analytical skills
• Understanding of manufacturing process
• Time management: ability to prioritise / ability to multi-task
Details of Packages:
£32,000 to 36,000 PA + Bonus + Competitive Benefits
Mon – Thurs 08.30 – 17.00 (30 min lunch) Fri 08.30 – 14:30 (30 min lunch) There is some flexible working around core hours, but not Hybrid working).