COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
Our client is a world class, global, award winning, established and growing global manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant.
Working onsite, and with experience gained in a similar role, the successful candidate will be motivated and dynamic. Working in a fast paced environment you will be responsible for the purchase ledger process from purchase orders through to invoices and reconciliation, including support for the debtor ledger and cash posting.
Experience gained within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous but not essential.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Data Management: maintaining a dynamic document and data management system which supports internal and external requirements (hard copy and electronic); controlling the ‘goods received’ notes which are entered into SAP; investigating and responding to gaps, errors and irregularities in information; upholding data confidentiality principles; updating the purchase ledger with supplier and credit purchase information; preparing monthly statistical reporting to HMRC of the movement of goods; manages a high volume of intercompany trading.
• Planning & Organising: participating in month-end closing process; supporting the Finance Manager with ad hoc projects and assisting with year-end processes; managing time effectively; monitoring performance against deadlines and milestones and initiates corrective action as needed.
• Analysing: inputting and analysing numerical data and all other sources of information to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; making rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrating an understanding of interconnected decisions; using data to suggest improvements and new initiatives.
• Financial Awareness: demonstrating financial awareness of reconciliations on a monthly basis including debtors, creditors, accruals and pre-payments etc.; works independently with internal teams and/or with suppliers to deliver time effective payments.
• Using Expertise: using SAP Key User knowledge to identify improvement opportunities; developing and delivering training to colleagues in SAP application; developing own job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development; adapting own style to maximise learning opportunities for others.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Preferably AAT qualified with a good understanding of accounting
• Sound Purchase ledger experience
• Good knowledge of Excel and other MS packages
• Experience of SAP
• Previous experience of working in a manufacturing business would be preferred
• Sound understanding of accounting
• Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
• Problem solving with the ability to spot and deal with issues as they occur
• Excellent attention to detail and to be able to work under pressure to hit deadlines
Details of Package: Salary up to: £27,000 PA + Competitive Benefits, Including Generous Holiday Entitlement (29 days + Bank Holidays) + Flexible working. Dayshift / Site Based with some flexible working around daily core hours.