COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading Rapid Prototyping & Engineering specialists, with a portfolio of blue chip clients in the automotive and other manufacturing sectors. They have invested heavily in people and technology and are a multi-million pound turnover business, well respected and very successful in their specialist field.
To meet the growing needs of the business and to increase capacity in the Engineering division, they now wish to recruit a CNC Operator Programmer who specializes 3 Axis and 5 Axis Machines.
The successful candidates will be joining a close-knit team operating at an exceptional level. The current team work very closely with our design engineers creating a problem-solving environment where people can share their ideas for improvement and really influence the shaping on the business.
***Candidates must have experience & knowledge in CNC Machining & programming/CAM, but further advanced training can be provided where necessary.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Program, set and operate Hurco, Haas & CMS 3 & 5 axis, and/or ST-25 Y axis CNC machining centres (depending on role)
• Cam programming Using Delcam/Autodesk PowerMill
• Operate manual mills and lathes when required
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Experience and knowledge of CNC Machining and CAM Programing using Delcam/Autodesk Powermill
• An ability and commitment to complete projects on specified dates and to strict deadlines
• Good time management
• An ability to work on own initiative and without close supervision
• Experience of 5 axis programming & machining is desirable, but not essential
• Tool making experience is an advantage but not essential
• Experience of Hurco, Haas & CMS machines is an advantage but not essential
• A flexible approach to working hours to accommodate the peaks & demands of the business
Details of Package: £35,500 PA / £17.50 PH + Shift Allowance + Overtime Paid at Premium Rates / Basic working week is 39 HRS / Monday-Thurs 8.00 – 16.30 / Friday 8.00 – 15.30 (Role is moving to an early/late shift rotation 7am till 3pm and 4pm till 11pm):