Quality Engineer (Quality and Compliance)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Tyne and Wear, England|
|Sector||Engineering & Manufacturing|
|Salary||£35,000 to £45,000 PA (Dep. on Exp.) + Benefits|
|Job Ref||AA TR 1612|
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE: This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer seeking to work for an established, highly successful and growing company involved in the design and manufacture of specialist engineered industrial systems. Accredited with an ISO9001 QMS System, The facility in Gateshead supports a worldwide sales base and has product design, operational, sales and support departments dedicated to fulfilling the needs of customers, whether it be in new product development, service or getting products to customers on time.
Working with the engineering and manufacturing team the successful candidate will hold responsibility for overall product quality management and development of the ISO9001 QMS system. You will help ensure compliance to PED and other HSE and environmental related accreditations, as well as also playing a lead role in the management and closing out of customer concerns, supplier non-conformances and supplier management from a quality point of view.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: · Management of customer concerns and supplier non-conformances ensuring root causes are identified and resulting corrective actions implemented
· Management of ISO 9001: 2015 QMS system and development of processes and procedures to ensure continued compliance and high product quality levels are maintained
· Involvement in both internal and external quality and PED related audits
· Development of quality standards and metrics for all manufacturing processes and procedures
· Overseeing goods inward quality and ensuring the necessary component traceability
· Supplier management from a quality perspective
· Involvement in other relevant accreditations such as HSE and environmental (ISO 45001 & 14001)
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- · Mechanical Engineering qualification (or similar)
- · Demonstrable experience gained with a Quality Engineer role
- · Demonstrable experience of managing and developing Quality Management Systems
- · A Good analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- · Ability to assimilate and understand technical documentation
- · Computer/Software literate (MS Office)
- · Ability to work well independently or in a team.
- · Ability to prioritise, multitask and work effectively to deadlines
- · Certification in Quality Assurance would be advantageous
- · Internal Auditing experience would be advantageous
Details of Package: £30,000 to £40,000 PA (Depending Experience) + Benefits (39 Hour week)