COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a high profile global manufacturer. They make strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant and are an acknowledged leader in their field. Reporting to the H&S Country Manager (based at another site) and liaising with the plant Technical and Production Director, regulatory authorities, contractors and all internal departments, the successful candidate will manage site Health and Safety across the site. You will be tasked with achieving optimum performance; ensuring legal compliance and best practice. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing systems and policies in line with UK and Group guidance.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the Health and Safety Department within predetermined, agreed standards and budgetary constraints.
• Provide advice and support to site Management and employees with the aim of ensuring all site work activities and hazards are risk assessed using the Company approved system.
• Reduce accidents and near misses via an effective cleaning in place (CIP) process; structured training of safety topics and by overseeing regular practice emergencies.
• Monitor statistics and agreed KPI’S relating to Health and Safety topics; highlighting trends and patterns, identifying corrective actions where necessary.
• Coordinate and carry out, where necessary, Health and Safety compliance activities such as audits, inspections, performance monitoring, action plans, policy and procedure development, risk assessment and control measure review for the site and in conjunction with the Health and Safety Country Manager.
• Prepare, develop, implement, maintain and continually improve the Health and Safety management system documentation for in conjunction with the Health and Safety Country Manager.
• Complete audits of the management system and ensure compliance with ISO 45001.
• Investigate (as necessary) accidents, near misses and other incidents; submit recommendations to prevent reoccurrences.
• Advise on Construction Design and Management (CDM) related activities.
• Manage and assist with the reviewing, developing, planning and delivering of Health and Safety training strategies.
• Attend and lead, as necessary, all meetings relative to position.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• NEBOSH Health and Safety Diploma or equivalent
• Auditor training (internal and external).
• Relevant Health and Safety advisory training.
• Relevant experience in a similar role
• Excellent working knowledge of H&S legislation, approved codes of practice (ACoP’s) and guidance documentation.
• Work towards full membership of IOSH.
• Intermediate standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Good communicator with confidence in their ability to deal with all levels of personnel.
• Travel between UK sites as required and provide out of hour’s support as required.