COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is an established, award winning and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. They design and manufacture bespoke automation tooling and systems for some of the largest OEM’s in the North. Their vision is “putting automation into manufacturing” and they are opening a new division to design and install collaborative robotic solutions to manufacturers throughout the UK.
Due to increasing opportunities for collaborative robotic automation, they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, dedicated and ambitious Automation engineer to design solutions which automate manufacturing operations for throughout the UK and to project manage a team. You will report directly to the managing director and work closely with the sales and engineering department to deliver outstanding results.
The successful candidate will enjoy a degree of autonomy, working closely with our mechanical engineers you will develop the complete design package, producing detailed costs and project plans. You will be the project lead and provide technical knowledge and support to your team. The delivery of a successful project which achieves all the promised client results, to agreed lead times and within budget will be a key performance factor in this role.
This is a new division and therefore you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the direction and shape of this business unit. With high growth planned for the foreseeable future, you will enjoy the kind of recognition and rewards that go hand in hand as part of a winning team.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Developing automated, collaborative or industrial robot solutions which provide the promised benefits to the client.
• You will design bespoke machinery and/or robotic cells used to manufacture a wide range of products.
• To project manage a team of design engineers, producing 3D models and manufacturing & assembly drawings as well as all documentation to support CE Marking (where applicable) and any other legislation applicable to the project.
• Manage the projects from concept to commissioning and final hand over.
• Ensuring each piece of equipment complies with all relevant machinery and other directives including CE Marking where applicable.
• Constantly updating your knowledge of the industry by tracking and understanding emerging technologies and practices to ensure you are the companies leading advisor on all issues which impact this division.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess proven experience in the design of automated solutions incorporating robotics, pneumatics, servos, hydraulics and vision systems including development of programmes for PLC’s etc.
• Degree or similar qualifications in electro/mechanical or mechatronics discipline.
• High level of knowledge/expertise in the application of robotics in manufacturing.
• Demonstrable experience and skills in programming different types of robots/automated systems in industrial applications
• Be fully conversant with SolidWorks and 3D CAD
• Experience of designing, building and commissioning bespoke automated machinery as well as upgrading existing machines.
• Experience at electro/mechanical design, incorporating all safety systems and controls to comply with latest regulations, specifically, you will be responsible for ensuring finished machines are compliant with all safety and machinery directives and that CE marking is carried out as and when required.
• Capable of working on your own initiative, you will be capable of effectively project managing a team of engineers to deliver innovative automated machinery and processes from initial concept generation to final commissioning and handover to the client.
• Possess an affinity for manufacturing and be able to communicate at all levels to produce the required results. You will not be afraid to work on the shop floor alongside others to ensure projects are delivered on time, to the agreed specification and quality and within agreed budgets.
• Be an excellent project manager, able to work with multiple projects and deadlines effectively, even when deadlines and clients are creating an increased amount of pressure on you and your team.
• Possess excellent verbal and written skills and be a great communicator.
** Details of Package: Up to £60,000 PA + Benefits