COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Providing product solutions extensively within Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, and other hazardous environments, our client is an established world class leader in their field.
This role will suit an experienced estimator or a qualified/time served engineer with strong customer facing skills and a good level of commercial astuteness with experience of one or all of the following, calculations, costings, pricing, quotations. Reporting into the Senior Estimator, The successful candidate will work closely with the Sales Department, and other stakeholders within the business to formulate the most economically viable and commercially astute response to customer enquiries. Work to deadlines and without supervision. You will be a key member of the Commercial team and will be client focused at all times.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaising with customers to identify/quantify needs
• Reviewing and assessing enquiry documents
• Planning actions to meet the deliverable criteria
• Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
• Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
• Assessing the levels of risk on a project
• Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages
• Preparing and submitting quotations for work
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Preferably educated to HNC/HND level in an Electrical or Mechanical Discipline Consideration will also be given to candidates who have served an engineering apprenticeship.
• Have excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Be able to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines without compromising the accuracy or quality of the estimates
• Good general IT skills – Microsoft Excel and databases (estimating software exp. Would be an advantage).
• Experience gained within the Oil & Gas/Petro Chemical industry or providing Hazardous environment products/services and solutions would be an advantage
• Must hold a full UK driving licence as there may be a need to drive company vehicles.
• NB: This is primarily an office based role, however there may be occasional travel within the UK and possibly Europe. In this situation all costs and transport will be covered by the company.