COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established multi million pound manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Training and Development professional with experience gained in a Manufacturing environment, either as a ‘hands on line manager’ with strong demonstrable training and development experience, or as and HR & Training professional. You will have knowledge of training and development within the Production, HSE, or Quality functions or ideally across all three.
The successful candidate will report directly to the HR Director and will provide a support service to the site Management Team. This will include training, development and assessment for all site personnel, maintenance of Operational standards and logistical support. Support will also be provided for HR and other Functions in the design and, where appropriate, the delivery of training programmes and assessment of competency.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Comply with and promote all HSE safety policies and procedures, including COMAH critical aspects of the Process Safety Management System and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP) where relevant to your area of responsibility
• Conduct HSE audits and assist in progressing improvement action plans and liaise with HSE Function and support HSE training initiatives and programmes
• Conduct learning events and direct corrective action plans
• Conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to identify areas for improvement and better ways of working
• Design and deliver training programmes to bring about business benefits and to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and quality requirements
• Responsible for developing performance improvement plans and directing corrective action plans
• Responsible for/expert in specific plant areas/high risk plant or unit operations
• Responsible for the implementation of various improvement projects
• Ensure plant information files are managed correctly and are available
• Undertake cGMP audits and raise standards
• Develop and assess team and individual competencies
• Verify competency assessments conducted by Line Managers to ensure consistency of Assessment
• Maintain training records in liaison with HR/Operations Management
• Establish and promote best practice and audit shift team performance and carry out corrective actions via training plans.
• Recognised Training representative during customer and regulatory audits
• Assist in preparation and execution of external audits
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Must have experience gained within a manufacturing environment. (Experience gained in a chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be advantageous, but isn’t essential).
• Line management experience or experience in a production support role with strong Training and Development experience combined significant manufacturing interface would also be advantageous, or Training & Development experience within an HR Discipline (grounded in manufacturing).
• Knowledge of cGMP and company safety/quality philosophies would be advantageous
• CIPD training/Development will be an advantage., but not essential
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Determination to establish best practice.
• Training, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Must be able to manage conflicting priorities
Details of Package: Up to: £45,000 PA + Day Shift Monday to Friday 37 Hrs