COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is a well-established Global Manufacturing Business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician looking for a rewarding and challenging career.
Reporting to the Technical Manager and Working with a highly professional and established team of Maintenance Technicians, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out preventative and reactive maintenance on a range of manufacturing related machinery and ancillary equipment, including both Mechanical and electrical maintenance/repairs. Knowledge of Electronic Systems, including Servos and fault finding and rectification of PLCs would be advantageous.
NB: The successful candidates will be working on a Continental shift pattern (12 hours) 3 days on / 3 days off.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Planned preventative and reactive multi skilled maintenance of machines and associated ‘ancillary equipment, including Chillers; Compressors; thermoforming machines, Vacuum Pumps and Granulators and Extraction Equipment.
• Mechanical fault finding and rectification
• Electrical Fault finding and rectification
• Installation of Machinery and plant
• Adhering to planned maintenance system and maintaining accurate records
• Maintaining a high level of general housekeeping
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Preferably qualified to HND/HNC or similar in Engineering/Time served/apprenticed)
• Electrical fault finding and rectification
• Demonstrable experience of working with/maintaining Mechanical; Electrical and Electronic systems
• Ability to work unsupervised under own initiative
• Able to work effectively to deadlines
• Desire and ability to develop into a senior/management role
• Willing and able to work a 3 on 3 off continental Shift Pattern
Desirable, but NOT essential:
• Experience of maintaining Thermoforming Machines and associated ancillary equipment
• Experience of maintaining extrusion machines and other Plastics related machinery and ancillary equipment.
• PLC fault finding and rectification on Siemens S7; Fanuc; Mitsubishi or Omron controllers
Details of Package: Basic Salary Up to £40,000 Inc. Shift allowance + O/T at premium + Benefits. (Continental Shifts 12Hrs (3 on 3 Off)) + Contributory Pension