COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a strong established business and a European leader in their field.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
You will be responsible for effectively maintaining equipment and minimising downtime.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To provide a professional, high quality multi-skilled (electro-mechanical) engineering service following adequate training on the equipment.
• Responsible for the mechanical / electrical maintenance of production lines and manufacturing site in accordance with product standards and specifications, to achieve required outputs.
• Ensure that all operations on equipment are performed to a professional, high quality standard.
• Inform and update Engineering and Production Management with regards to line availability following breakdowns etc.
• Work closely as part of a team in conjunction with Production and Quality departments.
• Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, and identified faults are reported and logged so that correction action can be taken.
• Assist with the planned preventative maintenance programmes.
• Ensure all tools and parts are removed from equipment, and area is cleared / cleaned prior to production line re-start.
• Recording of maintenance activities / resolutions in shift log for future reference.
• Maintain skills / knowledge.
• Training and working with line operatives to improve setting skills where required
• Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with current H&S, environmental and food safety legislation and procedures.
• Use all PPE and equipment as instructed.
• Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
• Report any serious malfunctions or risks to a responsible person
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Candidates must be time served, and from a FMCG background. Ideally within beverage or food.
• Multi skilled
• PLC experience would be advantageous, but is not essential.