COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is a long established engineering/manufacturing business and leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Product Designer, seeking to develop their career within a highly professional Design time.
Working as a key part of the growing product introduction team, the successful candidate will be tasked with component design from concept to production, working with spec., cost and timescale parameters.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To design cost effective componentry
• Liaise with other team members to ensure a practical design proposition is achieved
• Liaise with external material suppliers to ensure the best use of materials
• Ensure best use of 3D design equipment
• Awareness of current & new design techniques
• Implementation of designs on time at right cost
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Preferably BA or BEng in Product Design or Similar discipline
• Skilled at 3D modelling techniques using Creo 2 & other peripheral packages or Solid Works
• Good understanding of materials technology
• Innovative & Creative lateral thinker
• Ability to work well within a team and independently
• Ability to work accurately and effectively to deadlines
• Good communication Skills
• Understanding of component costing
• Product design of consumer goods.
• Experience of injection moulding
• Good understanding of component manufacturing simulation techniques
• Good model making skills
• Understanding of tooling design
• Understanding prototyping techniques
• Appreciation of marketing needs
• Good understanding of DFM techniques
• Understanding of product test criteria