COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established engineering/manufacturing business and a leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity to develop within a highly professional environment.
The successful candidate will support the metrology function and ensure that all existing and new product programmes are loaded into the measurement and comparison station. You will also provide Assistance to production operators in terms of training and guidance so that “in process parts” are measured and reports are correctly interpreted to ensure that parts meet the customer’s technical specifications.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enter new programmes into the measuring station.
• Take the responsibility for guiding operators in measuring parts, helping them to understand and interpret measurement readings and reports
• Participate in measuring parts using the FARO measuring arm, mainly for PPAP submissions and sample / prototype parts
• Undertake measuring of parts (using software application machine and where appropriate Faro Arm) in line with company and customer requirements (including SPC)
• Programme and operate measuring equipment including Aicon, comparison machine and FARO arm mainly
• Preparation of relevant customer and Internal documentation (includes PPAP paperwork).
• Undertake calibration activities to ensure that company measuring equipment (e.g. Micrometers, Vernier’s) and Measuring Gauges are in spec.
• Ensure that all records are accurately prepared, including customer PPAP documentation, logged and stored in accordance with relevant procedures.
• Provide support and measurement advice to Production Department personnel (Operators, Setters, Team Leaders) as required.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings
• Report all findings legibly in the standardised method / documentation
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Candidates should ideally hold a relevant engineering qualification and have previous experience in a similar role.
• Experience of using engineering measuring equipment and gauges and understanding of tolerances.
• Previous experience of CMM /Faro arm would be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of metal joining/ fabrication and welding a distinct advantage
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy
• Computer literate
• Be able to read an engineering drawing.
• Methodical and organised approach to work.
• Must be capable of working under pressure to tight and changing deadlines.
• Good communication skills.
• Be reliable, flexible and adaptable where required
• Be a team player but also have the ability to work on own initiative.
Details of Package: Up to £25,500 PA + Benefits / day shift