COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established Architectural Engineering/Manufacturing Business and a leader in their field with a 30 million pound turnover and an excellent reputation.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity and the possibility of progression to a Senior Estimator role for a motivated and highly professional Estimator (from an Architectural/Construction background), preferably with some knowledge gained within the fabrication of structural aluminium architectural or window systems and curtain walling. The successful candidate will be working in a busy Estimating Department.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• View building plans, specifications and have the ability to measure and quantify take offs and to tender multiple projects simultaneously.
• Liaise with clients/Suppliers in the compiling of Tenders/Quotes/Variations.
• Prepare quotes and documentation for submissions.
• Timely and accurate costing of submissions.
• Ensuring completed quotes comply with specification and design briefs.
• To raise quotations using IT systems including Schucal and in house Excel pricing schedules.
• All facets of internal sales including phone, email and web based portals.
• Work closely with the Estimating Manager and team members to ensure quotas and deadlines are achieved.
• Client relationship building
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Demonstrable experience/track record of estimating, preferably within an architectural metalwork environment.
• Ability to understand and interpret plans and diagrams.
• An engineering or Design/CAD qualification would be advantageous, but isn’t essential
• Well organised with strong communication skills
• Astute and commercially minded
• Strong administration skills with the ability to work proficiently on MS Excel and other related packages
Details of Package: Up to £38,000 (Dep on Experience) + Performance Related Bonus + Benefits Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm with a 3.45pm finish on Fridays.