COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established Engineering/Manufacturing Business and a leader in their field with a multi-million pound turnover business and an excellent reputation.
Working alongside a Senior Estimator, this role represents an excellent career opportunity for either a fully experienced Estimator OR a Junior/Assistant Estimator from and engineering/commercial environment or similar role.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and evaluate cost estimates.
• Adhering to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company
• Ensure completed quotes comply with customers’ specifications and design briefs.
• Work closely with the Commercial, Design and Project Engineering teams to ensure quotas and deadlines are achieved.
• Develop a schedule of rates, where necessary producing value engineering solutions.
• Ensure timely and accurate costing and completion of estimates.
• Liaise with clients and Suppliers in the compiling of Tenders/Quotes/Variations.
• Prepare quotes and documentation for submissions.
• Ensuring completed quotes comply with specification and design briefs.
• Client relationship building
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Demonstrable experience/track record of estimating, preferably within a manufacturing/engineering environment. It would be advantageous for candidates to possess knowledge gained within a Machining/fabrication type environment, not essential.
• Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
• Highly competent in reading and understanding engineering drawings in a variety of formats to develop comprehensive cost estimates.
• Proficiency with computer packages especially MS Word and Excel.
• Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
• Impeccable problem-solving skills.
• An engineering or Design/CAD qualification would be advantageous, but isn’t essential
• Well organised with strong communication skills
• Astute and commercially minded
Details of Package: Up to £29,000 (Dep on Experience) + 8.00 – 5.00 Mon-Fri, and 8.00 – 12.30 on a Friday