COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established pharmaceutical/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller.
Reporting to the CFO the successful candidate will manage the company Finances and Accounting through the organisation’s site teams and provide the necessary financial information to contribute to strategic decision-making.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leadership of the group finance teams and overseeing the monthly and quarterly financial reporting and balance sheet management, as well as AP and AR teams
• Managing relationships with 3rd party advisors including group insurers, auditors and pension providers
• Improve KPI reporting, analysis and interpretation of performance data and forecast results, and preparation of subsequent trend analysis
• Acting as a deputy to the CFO and performing the role of a leader in the business, ensuring the team are motivated and engaged, and ensuring external relationships are managed effectively
• Project management of key strategic and growth work streams, such as SAP roll-out, build out of the accounting function, ensuring systems, processes and procedures are coherently aligned across the international business and well documented
• Ensuring effective controls are in place and accounting practices are aligned with relevant and up to date accounting standards
• Fostering a culture of continuous systems improvement
• Having direct visibility with our investors
• Line management responsibility for finance team. Will develop and motivate these staff in order to maximise their contribution to the function and the Company.
• Frequent contact with CFO, CEO and senior managers. Day to day contact with Operations, Supply Chain and Purchasing/Procurement staff.
• External contacts – Auditors, Banks, Insurers, HMRC, UK Government Agencies, Other external service providers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Qualified ACA or ACMA Accountant, with at least 5 years post-qualification experience in industry
• Must be very knowledgeable about UK GAAP, taxation and financial reporting requirements
• US GAAP experience is not essential but would be useful
• Employee should be computer literate, with advanced experience of ERP software systems, finance packages and Microsoft Office applications
• Commercial experience of dealing with third parties is desirable
• High calibre finance leader with significant post-qualification experience in a financial leadership role
• Ideally ACA qualified from a leading accountancy practice (candidates with other qualifications will be considered)
• Substantial experience gained in a manufacturing sector (ideally pharmaceutical)
• Must have experience within a complex business with a direct influence on leadership, change and development
• Candidates with experience of rapid growth, site integration and change management preferred
• Must have experience of working within a private equity environment