COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established engineering/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity.
Reporting to the Quality & Test Manager, the successful candidate will assist and maintain the QMS. Monitoring supplier quality and performance and be responsible for improving business KPI’s. Take a pro-active role in identifying quality issues, performing root-cause analysis and implementing corrective / preventative measures as appropriate. Coordinate both internal and external audits working with external auditors.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To support the Quality & Test Manager on a wide range of quality issues to ensure compliance to QMS procedures and Product Conformity.
• Carry out quality and environmental audits and inspections throughout manufacturing.
• Liaising with both suppliers and customers on Continual Improvement Activities.
• Expand QMS and ERP in direction of IEMS business strategies.
• Ownership and reporting on all quality issues associated with suppliers.
• Develop SQM and Supplier KPI’s.
• Participate in key supplier monitoring processes which include: Supplier Audits and Supplier Corrective Actions.
• Liaising with the Manufacturing and Product Engineers in the Business Units, in assessing and addressing material quality issues.
• Track supplier quality performance measurements for suppliers (KPI’s) and participate in supplier performance reviews and approval.
• Manage Supplier and Client Change Requests.
• Support Incoming Quality Control (IQC).
• Support risk (DFMEA & FMEA) documentation review activities and ensure that all failure modes in process have been identified and addressed.
• Continuous Improvement champion.
• Check Maintenance Procedures are being followed and carried out.
• Improve product fails by analysing Inspection and Test Fails to find the source of reoccurring Production failings.
• Continually improve process flow working with Production Supervisors.
• Develop clear and concise Work Instructions.
• Develop a training plan with Production Supervisors for new starters.
• Process Client Returns using the Return Procedure and liaising with the Client Quality Department.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Quality tools. Expertise in 8D and FAI.
• Working in an ISO9001 and ISO14001 environments.
• ISO/TS 16949 Automotive Quality Management trained
• Understanding of Six Sigma.
• Diploma/Degree Educated.
• Background in Electronics.
• Excellent PC skills MS Office. Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
• Experience in a manufacturing QA role is desirable.
• Ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple tasks.
• Excellent communicator.
• Full clean driving licence.