COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established engineering/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, controlling and improving a Quality System meeting the requirements of ISO9001:2015, ISO14001, TS16949 (IATF16949) & AS9100. Formulating and continually improving processes to ensure adherence to Customer Satisfaction in all areas of Quality, Cost & Delivery.
You will also have responsibility for the management and development of Test Engineering, driving delivery of accreditations in line with business requirements and timescales. Ultimately responsible for the Health & Safety Processes and Performance across the site.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Deliver year on year improved quality metrics - reduced warranty returns, internal failure rate & First Pass Yield.
• Drive processes to achieve Personal Goals and Objectives in line with business performance and development KPI’s.
• Co-ordinate a programme of internal system audits and be responsible for external quality assessments.
• Maintain statistical records to highlight non-conforming parts and processes for improvements.
• Supervise Quality staff.
• Supervise and co-ordinate the test and diagnostic functions.
• Liaise with customers on quality issues, devise and implement timely permanent corrective actions and provide CAR’s.
• Visit customers and company Design Teams as necessary.
• Be responsible for the quality aspect of supplier development.
• Carry out and report annually on the quality system performance.
• Support manufacturing in the resolution of quality problems.
• Contribute to the LEAN manufacturing initiatives as required.
• Develop new methods for measuring, reporting and improving quality.
• Ensure effective and efficient documentation control.
• Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Activity.
• Ensure process control measures are undertaken, parameters are within required limits and recorded.
• Facilitate the preparation of Monthly Operations and Hoshin Review.
• Sponsor Safety days and ensure timely reporting and execution of H&S open actions
• Lead, drive and develop staff within a Quality team with electronics-based skills
• Monitor, control and develop both Quality & Environmental Management Systems
• Facilitation of multi-disciplined teams to achieve a common goal of business improvement
• Support data analysis to define, measure, analyse and improve problems using quality and or lean six sigma methods
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
B.Eng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering with Management Or HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Accredited ISO9001 Lead Quality Systems Auditor; Knowledge / Auditor in IATF 16949 & AS9100; Competent in DFMEA & PFMEA (Design & Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis); Experienced in managing Health & Safety, Environmental Quality Management systems and procedures; Previous experience of ISO14001 systems; Knowledge of ISO18001; NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification or experience; A proven leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills; Excellent PC Skills MS Office; Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills; Full clean driving licence.