COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established engineering/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced professional.
The successful candidate is likely to be either a qualified electronics engineer who has designed in the past but is now working in a manufacturing or production environment testing and evaluating electronic products or a highly qualified electronics / electrical engineer who has done academic testing but now wants to work in a manufacturing environment.
NB: Relocation assistance and VISA sponsorship can be offered for the right candidate.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist project teams to realise practical power electronics converter designs, supporting definition of component selection, wiring, schematics and enclosure layout.
• Provide ongoing support for existing electronic products, helping resolve in-service, quality and obsolescence issues.
• Actively be involved in product issue root cause identification and resolution, diagnosing issues using test equipment and instrumentation and liaising with suppliers and customers where appropriate to resolve.
• Support the development and implementation of Bench Test Equipment (BTE) for projects where this is required to support customer test of products.
• Attend project design reviews, offering practical review and advice in relation to electro-mechanical build, suitability for manufacture and service.
• Exploration of supply chain solutions for new and or alternative components and assemblies to drive cost optimisation and ongoing product viability.
• Definition and/or modification of electrical drawings and schematics when necessary.
• Support the development, implementation and setup of Bench Test Equipment and evaluation facilities.
• Identify, invoke and support product Request for Change (RfC).
• Attend project design reviews, offering practical review and advice in relation to electro-mechanical build, suitability for manufacture and service
• Contribute, and where appropriate lead, Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to determine and mitigate product and process risk.
• Manage and modify as appropriate product Bills of Materials (BoM) as entered in the business ERP system.
• Gather and analyse data relating to component and product capability, making recommendation where possible to make changes that benefit either cost and/or quality and/or performance.
• Assist in the preparation and/or modification of Work Instructions, test procedures and investigation documentation. Follow departmental and company quality processes (including ISO 9001 and AS9100 for aerospace) and Health & Safety practises throughout the business.
• Carry out other duties that the business may require from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or similar (BEng 2:1 or higher).
• Demonstrable experience of electrical/electronic product design and test/qualifications.
• Knowledge of electronics-mechanical design layout and detailing.
• Testing of electrical products, for qualification and investigation purposes.
• Ability to review and design electrical schematics.
• Control Systems / Embedded Systems Design.
• Understanding of Standard Converter Architecture.
• Desirable: BS7671 17th edition wiring qualification.
• Design for Manufacture or DfSS/DMAIC Six Sigma Qualification
• Basic understanding of statistics
• Competence with CAD
• Competence with PCB design and layout
• Semiconductor Device Selection and Control.