COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established engineering/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity. The successful candidate will possess a Chemical or Process Engineering degree or equivalent OR another engineering degree with experience of working in O&G, Petrochemical or Chemical facilities. Consideration may be given to a more junior level graduate who can demonstrate commercial acumen
Responsible for converting customer enquiries on (capital and aftermarket) product challenges into solutions that provide the customer with the highest level of value from their investment. You will provide solutions to specific process application requirements whilst considering client restrictions of CAPEX, OPEX and space/location. The successful candidate will provide quotations, supporting documentation, onsite testing and meeting support, as required by the sales team to ensure best opportunity to convert enquiries into sales. You will also provide technical training to sales team, distributors and customers to build on understand of products and applications to utilise our added value solutions approach.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare value add solutions that allow us to differentiate proposals from competition wherever possible.
• Ensure that we submit proposals within the agreed quotation submittal period and within the customer requested submittal time.
• Completing Technical Bid Evaluation requests
• Check all customer purchase orders for accuracy against the
• Improve application knowledge by organising process training throughout the year. Lead/ assist onsite testing (SPS) activities which enable us to demonstrate to customers the value we create.
• Carry out/ organize lab analysis of used elements to allow identification of and successful sales of improved product solutions
• Look for ways to integrate division technology into solutions offered to the market that differentiate us from competition.
• Ensure solutions are visible in the market place through paper presentation at technical seminars etc.
• Ensure proposal deadlines are met
• Continue to develop and implement a technical review process to ensure that quotes offer technology which
• Contribute to the development of standard proposal formats which presents our solutions in an attractive, concise manner whilst selling our features and benefits.
• Ensure that terms and conditions of contract are commercially robust.
• Support field testing capabilities required by the market when requested.
• Carry out distributor and Sales team application training at least once per year.
• Present at least one success story at an industry conference every year.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Chemical or Process Engineering degree or equivalent is preferred; mechanical engineering qualification considered with appropriate experience
• Able to demonstrate a track record of relevant experience for role
• Previous experience of working on O&G, Petrochemical or Chemical facilities would be an advantage.
• Proven draughting/modelling experience is essential to provide drawings to complete customer proposal information. Knowledge of Inventor would be an advantage.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
• Fluent in English with French, German, Dutch an advantage
• Previous knowledge of negotiating commercial terms and conditions would be an advantage
• Good organisational skills with a high degree of self-motivation
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as being a self-starter.
• Confident and outgoing, patient and adaptable, diplomatic and assertive.
• Fully computer literate including good Excel skills