COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer.
Working on a 3 shift rotation, the successful candidate will ensure all manufacturing machinery is kept to a high maintenance and production standard, focusing on minimising machine downtime to meet production demands. You will also be responsible for maintaining other shop floor ancillary equipment.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To maintain all machinery owned or hired by the company
• To maintain preventative maintenance programmes in a plastics environment
• Be able to work on their own and under pressure
• Be adaptable in attitude to cope with all the requirements the site needs during the shift
• Make process and production adjustments to injection and compression moulding machines throughout the shift
• Ensure all machines/equipment resources are available to meet business demands
• Maintain adequate spares to support the plant
• Make a detailed report each shift of all work completed.
• To comply with legal requirements and to work within Company health and safety guidelines
• Maintain high level of general housekeeping
• Ideally has experience of hydraulic systems
• Has worked in a plastics environment. Injection, blow or Compression moulding or thermoforming.
• Apprentice trained in Mechanical engineering.
• Be able to maintain/update spares inventory
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Qualified to HNC/HND level (or recognised engineering apprenticeship)
• Computer literate – Word, Excel etc.
• Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in maintenance engineering (preferably within packaging industry and/or injection moulding)
• Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical engineering would be an advantage
• Knowledge of AC/DC drives and plc fault finding would be advantageous, but not essential
• Knowledge of high-pressure thermoforming machines, injection moulding machines and formers would be advantageous, but not essential.
Details of Package: Up to £42,000 PA (3 shift Rotation) + Paid Overtime + Attendance Bonus + Benefits
First 37.7 HRS paid at basic rate. Overtime paid over 37.5 HRS at premium rates