COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a strong, established and growing multi million pound engineering and ancillary services business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. They provide specialist fabrication services and ancillary site. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional seeking to make a strong contribution and to develop and progress their career.
Reporting into the Contracts Manager and working closely with customers and key internal Stakeholders the successful candidate will formulate the most economically viable and commercially astute response to customer enquiries.
The successful candidate will work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and work without supervision. You will be a key member of the Commercial team and will be client focused at all times.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaising with customers to identify and quantify needs
• Developing effective working relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders
• Ensuring all enquiries are priced to clients deadlines.
• Understanding and analysing costs to demonstrate market value
• Ensuring all estimates are chased up and that they balance quality with competitive pricing and effective margins.
• Liaising to ensure credit checks are carried out on prospective new clients.
• Ensuring all VO1’s and variations are priced
• Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
• Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
• Assessing the levels of risk on a project
• Preparing and submitting quotations for work
• Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
• Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with budget
• Supporting Contract Managers to ensure monthly budgets are achieved
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Demonstrable experience gained within an engineering environment, preferably Steel Fabrication
• Qualified in an engineering discipline, (preferably to degree or HNC/HND level in mechanical engineering)
• Must be able to demonstrate effective communications with clients.
• Strong planning and organisation skills, evidence of working to deadlines and managing budgets
• Strong commercial acumen
• Must have a thorough understanding of drawings and bills of materials together with routings to allow cost to be estimated.
• Computer literate including Excel & MS packages