COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established engineering/manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced IT Support Professional.
The purpose of the role is to provide first line IT support for all employees across all UK sites. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the IT systems and network within the organisation. Provide efficient desktop support for all business users. Installing and configuring systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7 and 10 Microsoft Office 2013 and any other authorised desktop applications
• Ensure desktops interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, applications servers and administrative systems;
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment and performs remedial repairs if required;
• Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of windows applications and networking issues to help minimize downtime
• Support the business and colleagues in finding IT solutions for projects with an innovative approach.
• Maintain and update internal documentation;
• Control the ticketing system and respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests;
• Plan the general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops and printers ensuring they are all upheld with appropriate checks;
• Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems assigned
• Maintain IT records and tracking for area of responsibility.
• Develop trends by monitoring and analysing incoming calls, problems and support requests;
• Spot common trends and underlying problems
• Providing regular updates to management to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
• Problem-solving skills are vital for IT specialists to determine the cause of a technological malfunction.
• Advise and supports users in everyday use of computer equipment, by providing necessary advice and training; provide feedback to the business which ensures technical reliability and maintains cyber security
• Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and systems as well as business related processes and procedures
• Develop technical knowledge of new systems and specialised knowledge of certain nominated areas.
• Actively build and maintains a network of connections across the Group and externally e.g. suppliers, accreditation bodies, to achieve progress on objectives and advise on solutions
• Working with field engineers to visit customers/employees if the problem is more serious
• Promote team working
• Maintaining records of software licences, managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
• Manage the asset tracking databases which manages all of the computers and scanners, identifying the responsible user who needs to be charged
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information & Technology or relevant area
• Qualification in Microsoft is desirable
• Qualification in ITIL is desirable
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in IT support
• Minimum 2 years’ experience using MS and ITIL
• Experience in supporting a multi – national user base