COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is a well-established business and an accomplished leader in their field. Due to business growth and team expansion they are seeking to appoint a Service Operations Manager (Plant Maintenance). This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and driven individual.
Reporting into the Plant director, The successful candidate will hold responsibility for a mechanically biased plant maintenance team Consisting of Supervisors; Team Leaders and mechanically disciplined fitters and technicians). You will drive and deliver service operational excellence by safely, efficiently and responsibly managing and leading the plant maintenance operation teams. You will ensure delivery of exceptional customer service levels in all Plant related operational activities and also ensure that all departmental objectives are exceeded and growth strategies supported.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensuring the team provide effective, structured and systematic communication with all customers at multiple levels, ensuring planned maintenance activity windows are pre-agreed, unplanned downtime events are promptly communicated and in all circumstances the customer is supplied with regular updates.
• Responsibility for ensuring Plant equipment is being effectively maintained.
• Responsibility for ensuring that plant maintenance related areas including workshops are fit for purpose and appropriately resourced and maintained to an appropriate standard.
• Driving the team to minimise production downtime time by identifying and exploiting all downtime opportunities in accordance with labour and budgetary repair targets.
• Implement systems to ensure tooling, parts and labour are in place for effective planned maintenance
• Driving and delivering a proactive and efficient maintenance program aimed at minimising customer production impact.
• Creating and embedding a “customer service excellence” mentality, within the team and ensuring asset breakdowns are responded to promptly and repairs completed efficiently without compromising safety and quality standards.
• Reviewing and amending the maintenance strategy therefore enabling a more dynamic responsive program.
• Challenging and reviewing planned and unplanned labour activities and quality standards to identify and define targeted training opportunities.
• Demonstrating safety leadership by encouraging, capturing and delivering proactive safety initiatives.
• Driving a positive safety culture through employee engagement enabling the transition from reactive through to predictive state.
• Mentoring, supporting and encouraging team members to exceed performance expectations and further embrace the business and department core values.
• Identifying and presenting opportunities to improve maintenance operational practices, drive efficiency and reduce cost base.
• Exercising control over costs.
• Leading and managing the Plant Maintenance teams
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Preferably a BEng; HNC; HND or similar level mechanically biased qualification in an Engineering discipline
• Preferably qualified or holding suitable training/accreditation in Management
• Preferably experience in managing a Plant maintenance Operation (Repair and Maintenance of Plant Equipment)
• Must possess experience gained within a medium/heavy engineering environment.
• Technical and service engineering knowledge with practical application experience
• Customer facing experience
• Departmental profit and loss management experience
• Asset management knowledge
• Team management; leadership and change management experience
• Good communication, motivation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
• Results orientated with Attention to detail
• Basic application of continuous improvement methodology
• Basic project management abilities
• Self-Starting Strategic and creative thinker with commercial awareness
DETAILS OF PACKAGE:
• Up to £45,000 PA + Car + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package
• Bonus: Up to 20% of salary based on company and personal performance
• Hours of work Monday: Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm
• Holidays: 25 Days + Statutory holidays
• Life Assurance
• Subsidised services