Project Manager – Submarine Fabrication / New Build
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Tyne and Wear, England|
|Sector||Engineering & Manufacturing Management, Operations and Executive|
|Salary||Circa £45,000 PA + BEnefits|
|Job Ref||AA TR 1433|
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is the UK leader in their field with a proud history of quality driven Engineering Excellence working with high profile customers, providing world class repair, conversion and fabrication services with panel line, rolling, plasma and gas burning machines.
The Project Management department is critical to the business as the main interface between the company and its customer. The project Engineer will be actively involved in co-ordinating and expediting all aspects of the project including production, purchasing, commercial and sub-contractors.
The successful candidate will Liaise with the on-site Client team, ensuring all issues are captured and documented.
To help monitor, maintain and report the progress and financial achievement of the project to the Project Manager.
Managing Projects and working closely with project accountants and other members of the team on each project to ensure that the agreed targets are achieved both on time and in budget.
Responsible for project delivery and monitoring to ensure that at all time the department is working within the company's current policies on financial constraints, quality requirements operational procedures and client satisfaction.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Building and maintaining partnerships with customers
- Project management of individual projects from start to finish
- Communicate regular project updates ensuring costing and financial information is accurate
- Plan and organise resources in conjunction with HR.
- Manage costing information to produce the best margins.
- Meeting targets set by the company.
- Preparing project achievement and spend details for weekly contract review meetings.
- Delivery of projects on time and within budget
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES: · Must have heavy fabrication Experience
· An Engineering qualification – preferably in marine applications
· Experience of project managing large projects
· Fabrication experience gained in Marine/ Oil and Gas industry.
· Data analysis, excel and management reporting including metrics
· Budget management
· Relationship management
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Finance and budgeting
· Making decisions
· Planning and organising
· Accuracy and attention to detail