COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for a leading modular construction company. Our client deliver a comprehensive range of innovative Off-Site Solutions, operating in MOD, Commercial, and Retail, Hotel and Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Effectively communicate with the Commercial Manager on a daily basis advising of any issues that may affect the cost, value or margin of the projects.
• Communicate Contract/Sub-Contract advice to site based staff.
• Placement of subcontract orders to step down contractual terms and manage risk, including placement of ITT’s and ensuring notices and payment are made on time.
• Keeping accurate relevant records.
• Ensure subcontract accounts are managed within budgets and subcontracts/final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
• Collate commercial information for drafting Cost Value Reconciliations on a monthly basis to deadlines.
• Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
• Timely and properly recorded Applications to Clients.
• Producing Project Variations including tracking documents and assessment of value taken to monthly Cost Value Reconciliation document.
• Final Accounts –assessment of and timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned.
• Advise on and mitigate the effects of disputes - Recognise potential contractual issues on site and make good records including photographs and written statements to protect Caledonians interests.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Qualified to Degree/HND or HNC in Quantity Surveying or a similar commercial degree in construction. RICS membership preferred.
• Will need to be CSCS qualified.
• The candidate will need to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience in the construction industry as a Quantity Surveyor, or in a similar Commercial Manager role for a large main contractor.
• A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
• Budget handling skills.
• Excellent IT and maths skills.
• A methodical approach to work.
• Good organisational skills.
• A good understanding of building contracts terms and conditions, and their legal and operational mechanisms.
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent understanding a good experience of turnkey construction projects.
• A full valid driving licence.