COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established and growing business and a leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Buyer seeking to develop within a highly professional supply chain/procurement environment.
Strengthening the existing team, you will be reporting to the Procurement Manager and will support the Senior buyer, procurement and finance teams. The successful candidate will possess experience gained within an engineering/manufacturing environment and will be strongly customer focused.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Purchasing of materials, goods and services to support manufacturing.
• Planning the flow of materials to ensure stock levels are maintained and deliveries are timed to match demand.
• Sourcing of suppliers/supply routes
• Building and maintaining supplier relationships.
• Dealing with enquiries from our customers and from within the business.
• Gathering quotations and placing of orders.
• Progress chasing for live orders.
• Supporting the Purchasing manager & senior buyer in daily duties.
• General administrative duties and support as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• A good general standard of education, preferably with a good A level or GCSE maths qualification or equivalent in a business or engineering discipline
• Experience gained within a purchasing department or function is essential.
• Experience gained in an engineering or manufacturing business is preferable, but not essential
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
• Experience of negotiating prices is desirable, but not essential. However, candidates must be willing to develop negotiation skills.
• Excellent organisational and administration skills with ability to prioritise own tasks to meet the Company’s needs
• Ability to use Excel, MS Word and other micro soft packages.
• Able to work accurately whilst under pressure
• Full driving licence preferred
• Professional, ethical, determined and fair
• Have an attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team