COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our Client is well established Engineering/Manufacturing business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will assist in design and development of new products, and will assist the Product Development Manager in delivery of project key milestones to meet both Company and Customer requirements.
You will interface with Sales Support, Product Engineering, Production Engineering, Supply and Automation Departments.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Using initiative to develop new products or design innovative solutions to improve the design of existing products from briefs provided.
• To ensure the timely preparation of all technical drawings using 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing software provided.
• Undertake when required modification of drawings and components in line with QA systems and procedures.
• The generation and maintenance of parts lists/bill of materials and the control of approved copies in line with QA procedures.
• To liaise with and supply requested approval drawings to certification bodies in a timely manner.
• Conducting prototype and/or modified component testing and the production and correct storage of test reports in a manner described in the QA procedures.
• Provide Technical assistance to the Sales dept. or directly to customers in terms of product information, problem solving and application training when required.
• Maintain good communication between all departments.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• A suitable qualification in engineering or product design
• Self-motivation and an innovative approach to problem solving
• Research and Development experience gained within a mechanical engineering environment, working with tight tolerances
• Highly skilled with 3D CAD modelling and producing technical drawings
• Experience of project managing new products from concept through to market launch
• An eye for detail
• Good organisational and time management skills
• It would also be advantageous to have a working knowledge of relevant European and international standards and directives.
• To be familiar with QA systems